Sunday, June 25, 2006

Black Rock Desert


100_3957
Originally uploaded by renowiggum.

On the advice of a friend, I have started using Flickr for my photos. Mostly because it has a handy photo upload tool that resizes my images for me, as the native 6.1 megapixel resolution on my camera is... quite large.

I have several photos of my trip to the Black Rock Desert up there, and would be tickled if you'd let me know what you think. I particularly like this picture of me. It shows the vast horizon, the astronomical reasons we came, and gives a sense of the incredible solitude up there.

There's a difference between solitude and lonliness. I experienced incredible ammounts of both as this night wound on. But I was reminded that I have friends who would make a trek like this with me, and for that I am grateful.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Urban Docent said...

So I just have to ask. Have you ever seen any UFOs?

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger -Dave said...

The only unidentified objects I have seen usually turn out to be pillows - I just don't have time to identify them before they hit me in the side of my head.

I've seen many things in the sky, but nothing unidentifiable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home